The Fire Chief provides the overall direction, leadership, and vision for the department. The Administration Division provides administrative support for the Fire Department including customer service, budget preparation and administration, payroll, purchasing, human resources, information technology, policies and procedures/guidelines, setting departmental goals/objectives, planning/research, and fire department data management through information technology.
The Fire Chief reports to three Fire Commissioners who are elected by the citizens of the fire district. The Commissioners serve as the policy-makers of the fire district.
The Fire Commissioners meet the second Wednesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at Headquarters Station 61, 8047 Normandy Street SE, Olympia, WA 98501. The public is invited and encouraged to attend these meetings.
Stanley A. Moon
Brandon B. Faust
Brodie M. Smith
- City of Olympia – Vehicle Repair and Maintenance Services
- S.E. Thurston Fire Authority – Fire Chief
- S.E. Thurston Fire Authority – Assistant Chief/Operations
- S.E. Thurston Fire Authority – Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Services
- S.E. Thurston Fire Authority – Training Coordinator
- S. E. Thurston Fire Authority – Facility and Grounds Maintenance
- S. E. Thurston Fire Authority – Volunteer Sharing
- Thurston County Central Services – Radio Repairs -2020
- Thurston County Medic One BLS Funding
- Thurston County Treasurer – Investment Pool
- Washington State Patrol – Mobilization